Posted originally on Sunday, July 8, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog

Cobb County resident and food guru Alton Brown said Food Network's "Cutthroat Kitchen" is officially over.

He responded to a fan asking about it on Twitter Sunday night.

“ ‘Cutthroat Kitchen’ got cancelled,” Brown responded. “Sorry. #ProbablyMyFault” (In classically Brown fashion, he likes to use Post It Notes instead of typing in his responses.)

The quirky game show featured contestants bidding on all sorts of cooking obstacles that would hinder their opponents. Brown might have you use super small utensils or enable you to steal someone else’s ingredients. But the more you spend, the less money you’ll pocket at the end.

It aired from 2013 to 2017 for nearly 190 episodes over 15 seasons.

Brown in the fall of 2016 said he was taking a hiatus from producing episodes to work on other projects.

The last new episode aired July 19 of 2017.

He continues to host Food Network's "Iron Chef America." Last year, he also has promised a revival of his cult classic show "Good Eats" but no details have come out since that announcement.

About the Author

Keep Reading

Six Flags Over Georgia has traditionally held its Holiday in the Park festivities from December until Jan. 3. However, the park announced recently it will close this year and cancel its annual event. (Courtesy of Six Flags Over Georgia)

Credit: Six Flags Over Georgia

Featured

Carleigh Knight (left) and her sister, Natalie Rogovin, look at Christmas ornaments while shopping at Kudzu Antiques + Modern in Decatur on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2025. (Natrice Miller/AJC)

Credit: Natrice Miller